10.23.2011

Guest Post - The Flowerchild Dewlling - Feather Desktop Background >>>

Hello Violet Bella readers! I'm Kelly Ann from The Flowerchild Dwelling, and I am incredibly honored to be a part of Laura's world today. She is such a dear friend and I was so excited when she asked me to guest post. :)

For my "feather-inspired" post, I thought I would design a desktop background, using one of my favourites poems by Emily Dickinson. I love that her wording is simple, yet intense - and so beautiful. Hope is in all of us, and so often it takes us through many, many storms without breaking.
Here is the poem in its entirety:

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune--without the words,
And never stops at all,
And sweetest in the gale is heard;
And sore must be the storm
That could abash the little bird
That kept so many warm.
I've heard it in the chillest land,
And on the strangest sea;
Yet, never, in extremity,
It asked a crumb of me.


I included a few different sizes below --- enjoy! xo, Kelly Ann

4 comments:

  1. Great background! I love the poem- so encouraging. Needed that today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot for sharing, Kelly Ann and Laura!
    I just put in on and it looks beautiful and perfect. :)

    Here's to a happy Sunday. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful, and exactly what I needed to read.

    Ladaisi Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!