10.24.2009

the quality of Anxiety





A {preview} for my blogging friends of whats coming to the shop tomorrow :)

This is my favorite style of necklace that I make. I have one that I wear almost daily. And I made one for my friend Renea, whom also wears hers with alot of regularity and says she gets many compliments on it all the time. I like the calm Autumn feel of this one...



Here is another new necklace that I am wearing :)

and this teal crochet crop i am wearing is my favorite article of clothing, well, okay, one of them...i thought i lost for a month or so, then i found it tucked away somewhere it had fallen, needless to say i was full of joy to find it!



Here is a shirt I made for my lovely best friend Shelley.
She gave me a pile of shirts she does wear for this reason or that and I am re-vamping them for her! And what an honor to work on her Zep shirt!



Our little local coffeshop, The Dogleg Coffeehouse. We love it. Then took a drive to tarpley where I am bird sitting. And we listened to MXPX. And I remembered how much I loved some of those songs...



I am reading a little book that I am borrowing from a friend. It is called The Book of Qualities by J. Ruth Gendler, it is a quirky, poetic outlook on many different things that we would call qualities. Lately I have been feeling this one overwhelmingly:

ANXIETY
-------

"Anxiety is secretive. He does not trust anyone, not even his friends, Worry, Terror, Doubt, and Panic. He has a way of glombing onto your skin like smog, and then you feel unclean. He likes to visit me late at night when I am alone and exhausted. I have never slept with him, but he kissed me on the forehead once, and I had a headache for two years. He is sure a nuisance to get out of the house. He has no respect for locks or curtains or doors. I speak from experience. It takes cunning to get rid of him, a combination of anger, humor, and self-respect. A bath helps too. He does not like to get wet. As a last resort, if you are not near a bathtub, wet your face with tears."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dont forget to check out my new photography ETSY site!

peace and love,
laura

3 comments:

  1. Wow, your writing on "Anxiety" is powerful. What a way to characterize that demon. Thank you for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great excerpt... can i have a shirt like the Led Zeplin one? :-)
    Youre in Bandera... I've got friends in Hondo, not too far.
    Have a lovely day!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!